Having a great smile is a strong asset. Flashing those pearly whites is seen as an indication of a warm personality and can instantly attract others. A beautiful smile builds confidence and is even a factor in maintaining good health in other areas of the body. As we age, tooth deterioration often becomes a major factor in the search options for restorative treatment. If this is the case for you, you’re not alone. Many adults have lost some or all of their teeth due to a variety of causes, including tooth decay, gum disease or accidents. Dental implants are the trusted way to experience life with intact teeth again. You’ll find that at my practice, I can help you on the journey to regain the beautiful smile that’s so much a part of who you are.
Dental implants are small metal artificial tooth roots that are placed under your gums. Although implants are not the only way to replace missing teeth (bridges and dentures are other alternatives) implants can often feel the most like real teeth. I will create the best treatment plan based on your individual needs. If I do recommend implants, there are some significant benefits, including:
Dental implants, if cared for properly, can last a lifetime. Of course, good oral hygiene and regular dental visits are important.
The only person who will know about your decision to pursue dental implants is you. Implants are made to look and feel just like your natural teeth.
With dental implants, you don’t have to worry as you do with dentures that they might slip out of position. In addition, you won’t have to deal with any messy glue that helps hold removable dentures in place.
4) Improved Speech: If you wear dentures, you no longer need to worry about slipping teeth that might cause you to slur your words.
5) Improved Self-Image: Dental implants help restore a youthful appearance and help you feel better about yourself.
6) Improved Oral Health: Unlike tooth-supported bridges, dental implants don’t involve any anchoring to your surrounding teeth. Keeping the other teeth intact makes cleaning easier, which enhances your oral health.
For more information on the benefits of dental implants and how you can take the first step towards achieving your new smile, contact us at your earliest convenience. Take a first look at: westoverfamilydentistry.com or call 540-MyTeeth (688-3384). My team and I look forward to meeting you!
We all know that we shouldn’t ever “judge a book by it’s cover,” as the saying goes, but first impressions are really important, and your smile is a big part of that impact. At Neumann & Westover Family Dentistry, we focus not only on dental health but also on how your dentition impacts your entire facial structure and appearance. It turns out that a straight smile, which is the key component to a confident smile, is crucial to making that first impression count.
Unfortunately metal braces as an adult isn’t the most desired look. But fear not… there are other options! We offer Invisalign and ClearCorrect– virtually clear alternatives to metal braces.
In fact, a recent study* by Invisalign confirms that people with straight teeth are perceived more likely to be happy and successful.
So how do Invisalign and ClearCorrect work?
During a consultation at Neumann & Westover Family Dentistry, Dr. Westover will determine the exact movements necessary to get your teeth into the correct position. Then the team has a custom-made series of aligners created for you. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, the teeth will gradually and gently shift until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Westover has outlined in his treatment plan for you.
Of course you’ll make a great first impression once you’ve finished, but unlike traditional metal braces Invisalign and ClearCorrect offer a great first impression while you’re working to achieve your final goal:
1. They’re Clear: Invisalign and ClearCorrect aligners are virtually invisible. No hiding your smile in meetings or photos!
2. They’re Comfortable: The aligners are extremely comfortable as they’re developed from smooth, sleek plastic.
3. They’re Removable: You have the option of taking them off for the evening… just remember to put them back in before you go to sleep! It may not seem like it, but they’re constantly working while you go through your day.
First Impressions are super important to us too – call us today for a complimentary consultation with Dr. Westover to assess if you are a good candidate for Invisalign or ClearCorrect. We look forward to meeting you!