A dental cleaning involves an appointment with one of our registered dental hygienists, and in most cases, a visit from the dentist following the hygienist’s treatment. Our hygienists are highly trained individuals who are committed to your dental health.
They will perform:
- A dental examination
- Evaluate the health of your gums
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Take any necessary x-rays
- Remove any tartar and plaque
- Apply fluoride varnish to those patients more susceptible to decay
- Discuss any techniques or procedures that may help you avoid more invasive dental procedures in the future.
We believe that a dental cleaning is an important part of long-term oral health, as it is not just a cleaning, it is a preventative measure to avoid future dental emergencies and discomfort. A preventative dental visit (cleaning) lasts approximately an hour.