Having a great smile is one of the best attributes anyone can possess. Flashing those pearly whites is seen as an indication of a warm personality and can instantly attract others. A beautiful smile builds confidence and is a key factor in retaining good health in other areas of the body.
As we age, tooth deterioration often becomes a major factor in the search options for restorative treatment. If this is the case for you, you’re not alone. Many adults have lost some or all of their teeth to a variety of causes, including tooth decay, gum disease, or accidents. Dental implants are the trusted way to experience life with intact teeth again. You’ll find that at Westover Family Dentistry, we can help you on the journey to recoup the beautiful smile that’s so much a part of who you are.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small artificial tooth roots that are placed under your gums, just like real teeth. Implants are not the only way to replace missing teeth; bridges and dentures are other alternatives. Our doctors can create the best treatment plan based on your individual needs.
What Are The Six Benefits Of Dental Implants?
1) Durability: Dental implants, if cared for properly, can often last a lifetime. Of course, good oral hygiene and regular dental visits are important.
2) Appearance: The only person who will know about your decision to have dental implants is you. Implants are made to look and feel just like your natural teeth. As a result, your self-image will remain positive since dental implants are virtually undetectable.
3) Convenience: There is no fuss over removable dentures. With dental implants, you don’t have to worry that they might slip out of position because the framework is permanent. In addition, you won’t have to deal with any messy glue that helps hold removable dentures in place.
4) Improved Speech: If you wear dentures, you no longer need to worry about slipping teeth that might cause you to slur your words.
5) Improved Self-Image: Dental implants help restore your youthful appearance and help you feel better about yourself.
6) Improved Oral Health: Unlike tooth-supported bridges, dental implants don’t involve any anchoring to your surrounding teeth. Keeping the other teeth intact makes cleaning easier, which enhances your oral health.
For more information on the benefits of dental implants and how you can take the first step towards achieving your new smile, click below! Our doctors can’t wait to meet you!